Pages

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Late Lunch, no lunch?

Sorry no results yet. The arbiters are so busy with parings I do not even dare to ask for the round 1 results. I'll try to do it the crude way of taking pictures of the results sheet from the notice board later.


Since Tan Jun Feng game was one of the last games to finish, he was unlucky that the nearest food source, a hot dog stand, ran out of hot dogs. With only 10 minutes before the next round, he joined the UTP helpers and arbiters curry chicken rice lunch served near the hall. He wasted no time digging in. :)


I also join him. Many parents expressed shock that I've grown so fat, so I'm taking only one plate of rice this time :)


While we are enjoying our lunch, others are not so lucky. Arbiter Marcus Yeoh will miss his lunch because he has to enter the results and prepare the pairings of Round 2.



NWM Tan Li Ting.


Wong Jian Wen was also another unfortunate player whose game extended till late in the afternoon.

He only had 20 minutes of lunch before the next round began. The canteen is around 10 minutes walk so I can only imagine how fast he ate to make it back for round 2.


From his clock, he lost about 6 minutes for his 2nd round game. 

At the time I'm typing this out looks like he caught up and the time is almost equal.


No comments:

Post a Comment